There are many resources available online for community members, law enforcement, school personnel, public health and other professionals as they work together to create a more resilient, violent-resistant community. The links to publications and other internet resources are from government, educational institutions, or trusted organizations.
New resources will be added frequently so please check back often.
Countering Violent Extremism Toolkit
A major deliverable for this project is a toolkit for use by public health departments for disrupting the pathway to violence. A printer-friendly version is available below.
Information sheets on a variety of subjects related to countering violent extremism.
- Introduction to Community-based Efforts for Disrupting the Pathway to Violence
- Somebody I know is Viewing Violence as an Option
- Understanding the Pathways to Violence
- Violence and the Internet
- What is Radicalization
- Pathway to Violence Handout
- CVE Logic Model
The following list of resources are referenced in the CVE toolkit (above).
- The Public Health Approach to Violence Prevention
- A Public Health Approach to Countering Violent Extremism
- A Case Study: Two Rivers Public Health Department
- Community Health Worker Orientation Presentation
- Community Threat Assessment Guidance
- Process for Community-Driven Violence Prevention
- Threat Assessment Glossary
- Trainer of Trainer Materials
Several key documents and reports provide excellent overviews of what can be done to disrupt targeted violence before it occurs. These documents address prevention of targeted attacks and the assessment of risk.
- FBI Monograph – Making Prevention a Reality: Identifying, Assessing, and Managing the Threat of Targeted Attacks
- United States Secret Service report – Evaluating Risk for Targeted Violence in Schools: Comparing Risk Assessment, Threat Assessment and Other approaches
- “Risk Lexicon” US Dept of Homeland Security
- Risk Assessment Guideline Elements for Violence (RAGE V)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics: Violence in the Workplace,
- Homegrown Violent Extremist Mobilization Indicators
Organization and Agency Websites
This list contains links to the project partner websites and to agencies/organizations whose mission includes disruption of targeted violence.
Each of these websites contains numerous other useful links and information related to the prevention of violence.
© Copyright 2019 University of Nebraska Public Policy Center